Monday, April 6, 2009

ITALY


A friend of mine recently lent me a book about Italian culture and cuisine. I have been completely mesmerized by this book learning about things from raising the perfect pig and picking truffles to how they make and drink Grappa and recipes of home-made pasta sauces. Since I was young I have always been fascinated with Italy and my day dreams of vacationing there have increased to daily. I found this photo while browsing online and thought about how I wanted to ride my little banana seat bike with a basket by the handle bars (you know the kind) through town and stop by a cafe to have my little bowl of pasta with Pancetta and Montasio cheese with a tall glass of freshly squeezed lemonade. Then I'd ride to an open market and purchase some fabulous Italian loaf of bread and Gelato and pedal back to my small villa and sit by the Fogolar or hearth to read or maybe plan my next days trip...Venice, Rome, Sicily?

No comments:

Post a Comment