Thursday, June 25, 2009

HOMEMADE LACING CARDS

I am always brainstorming for activities to keep my 2 1/2 year old quiet during church. My mother suggested lacing cards. So after searching store after store and looking online for the perfect lacing card (for the perfect price...ahem...practically free), I resorted to making my own. I found a super cute little instructive post on how to recreate them for pennies. Here is what I came up with.



Note to self (or anyone with boys): if doing this again, don't do cars, trucks, planes, etc...the sound effects would be much too embarrassing (or more appropriate: noisy) for a church setting.
Note to self #2: next time mount foam onto cardboard or other semi-indestructible material.

I you are in the market for lacing cards and have more of a budget than I did, look at Eboo for some fabulous learning games/activities/lacing cards.

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny about the sound effects. i wouldn't have realized that!

    ReplyDelete