Monday, July 20, 2009

ZOO GRINCH

So I scrape up all the change in my house (literally) to take my kids to the zoo. In the rush of getting out the door to get to the zoo at a decent hour and be able to get home in time for naps, I decide we'll just get something to eat for lunch at the zoo. After all, it can't be more than $5, right? Well, lunch time rolls around and we stroll into the little food court. I look at the menu and see that the kids meal (hot dog, chips, animal crackers, and juice) is $4.75..."perfect" I think. Not so. I get to the counter to order and the guy tells me they are all out of the regular kids meal and only have the souvenir one available. Okay. No big deal, right, except for the fact that it was $2 and 50 cents more. Whatever, "okay, I'll take the souvenir one," I say. I then watch as the guy takes all of the food that would be in the regular kids meal and places it neatly into a little monkey lunch box. BAAAHHH! I wanted to complain, or write the zoo and tell them how silly I thought that was...but I didn't and we enjoyed our zoo visit anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who would want to complain over than, even if it was only $2.50.

    ReplyDelete