Sunday, October 18, 2009

HARVEST PUMPKIN CAKE


A few weeks ago I was asked to bring a cake to our stake's annual cake buffet that was held after the General Relief Society meeting. After accepting the assignment I found out that the cakes that had been brought in the past were masterpieces. I was pretty intimidated and didn't want my cake to be the ugly duckling of the bunch. The only catch was that it had to be pre-sliced...which made decorating a little tricky. I was super stressed and I tried to kick it up a notch by doing chocolate leafs (which are impossible and frustrating) and ultimately decided against them. I don't love the cake as a whole, but the individual slices were pretty cute. A major bummer was that I wasn't even able to stay because I hurt my back...but then again, it was probably a good thing because I would have wanted to taste every cake and I probably would have come home 20 pounds heavier...maybe next year.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously you are a freak. I know you bought this and took a picture of it like you made it! I am kidding - Kimberly - that cake is amazing. Good job

    ReplyDelete